1. What experience do you have? How long have you been offering financial planning advice to clients? How many clients do you currently have?
We have been offering financial planning advice to clients since 1992. We began charging fees for our planning processes in 1995.
We currently have approximately 388 families for whom we provide various levels of financial services, whether it’s advice, assistance with retirement plans or other benefit programs, and a wide variety of other services .
You will find information about our education certifications, all licenses, and our employment history on the website under “About Us”.
2. What are your qualifications? What are your areas of specialization? What financial planning credential(s) do you hold? What licenses do you hold?
Frank Cherniawski's most visible certification is the Certified Financial Planner™ designation.
Frank's two main areas of specialty are retirement income planning and developing wealth building strategies. In both cases, both planning processes require organization of overall finances, so that you’re very aware of what you have and the potential your current finances will deliver toward your goals.
Each process differs in regard to the result provided to you. Frank will have an idea of what kind of results you'll achieve, once he has helped you organize your current finances.
Frank is able to discern which planning process is most suitable for you during your initial workshop.
3. What services do you offer?
We offer the following services:
- Overall Financial Organization
- Wealth Building Strategies
- Protecting Your Family & Your Wealth
- College Education Funding
- Retirement Income Planning
- Inheritance Management & Tax Planning
- Small Business Protection
- Small Business Strategic Tax Planning
- All retirement planning services, including 401(k)s, Simplified Employee Pensions, SIMPLE IRA, Inheritance Management & Tax Planning
4. What is your approach to financial planning?
We believe that we must first discuss your overall goals and financial concerns. Once we determine your goals, for example how soon you may wish to retire or how soon you may wish to begin providing college education funding for your children, we proceed with the following steps:
- Organize your overall finances using the PS&G Model or The Asset Inventory™.
- Discuss potential strategies to increase the efficiency of your money, increase the yields on your accounts, minimize taxes and other expenses, and increase the percentage of your income that you’re investing for the future. The best strategy we help you develop is increasing your savings and investment rate as a percentage of your gross pay. This strategy provides the greatest results toward meeting your goals. In most cases, we’re able to help our clients double or triple their rate of savings and investments after one year of planning.
- Once the possibilities have been discussed and we agree on a plan of action, we begin the process of going through each strategy with you, discussing the advantages and disadvantages. If you agree with the strategy, we then help you implement it.
5. Will you be the only person working with me?
We have a dedicated team to help you implement your financial plan. There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and we realize that our clients don't have the time to plan, gather financial data, discuss strategies, and implement financial planning strategies all at the same time. Therefore, we help them accomplish this with the help of our team: Heather and Rose.
6. How will I pay for your services?
We have a published fee schedule on our website, as well on as our Financial Planning Agreement. When we meet initially, we go through your goals and financial concerns, as well as a summary of your resources. Once we accomplish this together, we propose a fee to you. Fees are based upon the amount of hours we believe we’ll spend together during a 6 month or 12 month period.
Once we quote a fee, it will not change. If we happen to spend more hours than originally estimated, we do not invoice you for an additional cost. However, if we spend less time with you, we do not offer a refund.
Between our meetings, we also allow time for telephone calls or emails, as these services are included in the fee we will quote. Also, we do not charge fees for copying, faxing, or mailing.
7. How much do you typically charge?
This is difficult to say without reviewing your financial goals, concerns, and your resources. The people who require more time will be charged a higher fee. Those who require less time will be charged less. This will all be determined during our initial meeting.
8. Could anyone besides me benefit from your recommendations?
We will offer you recommendations based upon your specific financial goals and concerns. Other people you know may benefit from these recommendations, but remember, they are tailored for you and your family only.
Of course, while working with us, you will learn a great deal about financial fundamentals which will be helpful to share with your children, and your children's children.
9. Have you ever been publicly disciplined for any unlawful or unethical actions in your professional career?
Thankfully, I have never been disciplined for any unlawful or unethical actions in my professional career.
10. Can I have it in writing?
Yes, we provide all proposals and recommendations in writing to you. After each meeting, we follow up with the letter or an email summarizing our discussion, which includes most of what we discussed that’s pertinent to implement financial strategies.